Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Working for The Mouse

One more shift until I finally have a day off! These past couple of days at work have been quite strenuous but it will all be worth it when I get my paycheck - hopefully! They will start taking out rent from our checks this week which kind of stinks but at least it's not like school where I have to take out a huge loan for housing. Tonight, I have to work from 4:00-12:15 and then I won't have to work again until Thursday night.

On Saturday and Sunday I had to work until 2:15am, so I didn't get home until about 3. It's rough but at least I don't have to wake up early! Saturday's shift went pretty fast, but I can't say the same for my shift on Sunday. I had to work for over 9 hours and unfortunately I didn't get to deal with the nicest guests. Some people are very mean and impatient and they will get mad at me when there is something wrong with their ticket or the machine. I guess they don't realize that technology has issues sometimes... They start cursing and yelling at me but there's not much I can do until they calm down and listen to what I have to say to help them. It definitely gets me upset but I just try and think about how it's their loss because they are clearly are too miserable to enjoy a nice vacation. A little attitude adjustment could change it all! Sunday's shift was made even worse when I got in trouble for not coming back from my 30 minute break. The thing is, I never had a break! I was at a turnstile all night and when my coordinator had me shut it down, I went inside and everyone was saying that one of the other coordinators was looking for me everywhere. When I went and found her she was upset with me and said I was late. I tried explaining to her that I was at my turnstile the entire time but she didn't care to listen. I was able to talk to someone else and explain the situation, and so apparently the person who was supposed to give me my break never did so I was standing at the turnstile while I should've been on break/doing something else. It was very confusing and I was very upset but I think it's all worked out now. I was so relieved when my shift on Sunday was over - it was the worst night I've had since I've been here!

Yesterday was a little bit better. I started my day off by going to the mall with Nicky so that she could get her computer fixed. We walked around for a little and I must say, I am so glad I left my wallet in the car! The mall was so big, I definitely could've blown a lot of money in there. We went into a store called Teavana and the tea was delicious! I think I might head back there once I have some extra spending money. On the way home, I heard a contest on the radio for some concert tickets. I figured I'd try and call because I always do when I hear that stuff. I had Nicky dial the number since I was driving and after a few re-dials, it started to ring! She handed me the phone and they answered and I was the 93rd caller!!! I won two tickets to a P!nk concert in Tampa next Wednesday. I am very excited to go! After that I hung out for a little bit and then headed off to work. This past weekend was absolutely freezing, but luckily last night was a little bit warmer.

On Thursday we have room inspections so I will probably spend a lot of time tomorrow cleaning up the apartment. I have some roommates that do not do their fair share of cleaning so I think we are all going to have to sit down and talk about it... I'm not looking forward to that! I will also have to drive down to Tampa tomorrow to pick up my concert tickets. It's too bad it's not right here in Orlando!

I am very tired and worn out, but I am enjoying myself. Unfortunately, I barely get to see my roommates because we all work such different hours. I work late most nights while everyone else usually works pretty early. I hate that we don't get to hang out as much as we did when we first got here. I am making a lot of friends at work though. I have a friend from New Zealand and she is awesome! She has the best accent.

I cannot wait for my dad and my cousin, Nicole, to come down for my birthday in March. I requested a couple of days off so it will be nice to enjoy a mini-vacation with them. For now though, it's work work work!

No comments:

Post a Comment