Monday, February 4, 2013

Superbowl Monday!

You know when, at the end of the Super Bowl, they ask the MVP what he is going to do next, and he says, "I'm going to Disney World!"? Well... he actually goes to Disney World the very next day! (I learned that on Saturday at training.) When I found out I had off today, I decided that I had to go to Magic Kingdom to see the parade. My dad keeps telling me to take advantage of my time here and do things that I won't get to do again, and so I thought - when will I ever get to say that I saw the Super Bowl MVP at Disney World besides now? Probably never!

Stacey also had the day off so the two of us were off to MK. When we are not working, we are supposed to enter the parks as guests. The trouble is, as usual, the buses! They don't have stops at guest entrances so we had to take the bus to the Contemporary Resort, then a monorail to the transportation stop and then a boat to MK. It was a little confusing and I think we might've made it harder than it had to be, but we got there eventually! The parade didn't start for a while, so we walked around some of the shops and tried our hardest not to buy everything... the cast discount makes that kind of difficult! Finally, the parade came by around 2:35. It was quick, but still very cool. Joe Flacco was like six feet away from me! I hope today isn't the only time I get to see cool events like this.



After the parade was over, Stacey and I decided to stay in the parks for a little bit. We took the train to New Fantasyland and then went to see Goofy and Donald! Those guys are so much fun - Goofy is such a jokester. I don't know if I've ever heard Stacey laugh as much as she did when interacting with him. Next, we decided to ride the teacups. That was a bit of an arm workout but at least we were spinning pretty fast. We then decided to leave and took yet another trip to the costuming building (I needed to get another belt). There is a store near costuming called Cast Connection that has all of the outdated or damaged merchandise for super cheap prices. I was surprised to see that they even had some groceries for pretty low prices! I didn't get anything today, but I'm sure I'll be back there after a few paychecks.



Later tonight I have to take a trek over to WalMart to try and find some shoes for my costume. I haven't had much luck anywhere else so hopefully I can find something there. Tomorrow I have to work all day. I think I will be getting trained for parade audience control (PAC). One of the girls I met the other day had her training today and she said it was not fun but hopefully I can make the best of it. Tomorrow is also Nicky's birthday so that should be fun!

Once I get my shoes, I'll be sure to post some pictures of my costumes... They aren't great, but they could be worse!


1 comment: