Friday, February 1, 2013

We create happiness...

I am officially a Walt Disney World cast member! I spent the day today at Disney University for Traditions, which is an orientation that every Disney employee must go through. We got our Disney IDs (aka my free pass into all of the Disney parks!) as well as our nametags.


I don't want to say too much about Traditions, but it was definitely an exciting day... except for the beginning. We got to listen to a nice virtual guy named Chris or something talk about integrity and workplace rules and such. Afterwards, it got a bit more exciting. Two DCP alums (and now current Cast Members), Frankie and Anna Beth, taught us about the company's target goals and what is expected of us as employees. They showed a lot of video montages of Walt Disney and his work - I couldn't help but get the chills while watching. It is absolutely amazing how much there is to the Disney company. Not only do they have parks in Anaheim and Orlando, but they also have ones in Paris, Hong Kong and Tokyo. On top of that, they have Disney Adventures, Disney cruises, Disney Vacation Club, etc. etc. As far as the entertainment industry goes, they own ABC, ESPN, Pixar, Marvel, etc... The list just goes on! After attending Traditions, it is much easier to understand why Disney is such a well-respected and successful company. The day would not have been complete without a visit from the boss himself - Mickey! I surprised myself by how excited I got... I felt like a little kid again. 
The best part of the day was most definitely when I got to see the tunnels underneath Magic Kingdom! It is something that not many people get to say that they've done, and I am so grateful that I have been given that opportunity. We came out by Main Street USA and as we walked towards the castle, it was as if it was my first time there. I can't believe that I will get to work there for the next four months... I'll have a great view of Cinderella's house :)

Tomorrow, I start my job training. I have to work from 7:15-4:00 but because of how the buses run, I have to leave my apartment around 5:50! Is it the happiest place on earth, or the sleepiest?!

No comments:

Post a Comment