Sunday, March 10, 2013

Hi everyone!

Just a quick little update today. My past two days at work have gone really well! They were relatively stress free. Aside from some very big bursts of guests before/after the night parade and fireworks, it's been fun! Our biggest issue has been with the cheerleaders. The new touchpoint turnstiles don't work for paper tickets, so normally we have to send them down to the older Legacy turnstiles. However, despite the fact that they spent 7 1/2 years and 1.7 billion dollars designing this new touchpoint system, they somehow forgot to create an exit plan. It's kind of hard to understand but we have to make all of the old silver turnstiles into exits and reroute all the guests in that direction. That means that paper tickets have to come through the touchpoint side and therefore the Guest Relations cast members have to manually scan every ticket that comes through. Here's where the cheerleaders come in. There is a huge competition here this week so we have thousands of cheerleaders and their families roaming through the parks. When big events happen like that, every person is given a paper ticket! Therefore, at night when they open the park just for the cheerleaders, my job becomes relatively useless because I can't help anyone with the paper tickets. It's confusing and hard to understand if you're not here/working, but hopefully I kind of explained it alright. That was probably the worst part of the past two days, but even that wasn't bad - just hectic for a few minutes! I am also starting to get to know one of my coordinators a little bit better. I am happy about that because they are very intimidating and always look angry so it's nice when they act friendly towards me. Last night I drove four of my coworkers home because we all got off at 1:15am and live in the same apartment complex. On the way home we decided we wanted to get some shakes from Steak 'n Shake. That along with daylight savings caused me to not get to sleep until about 4am! Tonight, I have to work until 4:15am so I probably won't get to sleep until about 5am! Have I said how excited I am for my dad and Nicole to get here?!

No comments:

Post a Comment